Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yard sale!

Twice a year, a friend and I hit the Ft. Riley city wide yard sales. The most recent one was this last Saturday. Say what you will, but I have gotten some fabulous bargains at these sales. Here are some of my most recent treasures:














Victoria's Secret purse: $1.00
The "L" purse: 50 cents
Piggy Bank: $1.00 (I just couldn't pass it up)
Karen Neuburger super soft socks - new w/tags: 50 cents
*Dove Cool Moisture Body Wash (24 oz): $2.00
*Dove Cream Oil Body Wash (10 oz): $1.00
*Olay Creme Ribbons Body Wash (10 oz): $1.00
*Neutrogena Lip Gloss (x2): $1.00

*Brand new - purchased from a fellow Walgreens shopper














T-Fal pots & pans: $5.00 for the set

Not pictured:
Full size down comforter+matching pillow shams (excellent condition): $5.00
Sylvania television set: $10.00
Several items of clothing in great condition for cheap, cheap, cheap!
4 or 5 formal gowns for my daughters. The least I paid was $5, the most I paid was $10. I figure what she doesn't use, we can easily sell or donate.

The television set, the pans, and the comforter set I bought for a family member who left a lot of their own things behind in a recent separation. I think she is most excited about the pans. It cost me $20 for all of it. Try buying any one of those items in a store for $20. It's a no brainer!

Yard sales are notorious for junk deals, but you really can find some nice stuff. You better your chances if you can hit them on a day that is designated "city wide."

No comments: